Wednesday, December 5, 2012

It's NEVER Too Late!


So often people tell me they don't have time to exercise. "Too many kids, activities, work hours, too much stress, too sick, too tired, too much to do period." And that's that. Well, what would it take to MAKE time? An ominous visit to Dr. Doom and Gloom's office? Do you have to hit rock bottom before you make time for YOU?

Being a full-time, single, working mother, I understand the limited hours in a day. In the morning I hit the ground running and don't stop 'til I hit the pillow at night. I've accepted it. Even so, my life is rich and full...but, soooo busy! I knew years ago in order to carry and handle the burdens of single parenthood, I would have to take care of myself, which meant regular exercise and a healthy diet. For me, the choice "not to" is not an option no matter how hectic and stressful life is. And if I neglect me, even for one day, I find I don't have the energy or stamina to handle my day and all the challenges that come with it. Exercise and good nutrition is like breathing for me. Life smells, tastes, and looks better when I feel good, and that simply comes from living a healthful life.

So I challenge you to get a head start! Don't wait for the New Year to get crackin! Get ahead of the game and start taking care of you! Tis the season to be generous, charitable, and kind to others. And it's also a wonderful time to be thoughtful to you!

Happy Holidays and don't forget your 30 minutes of exercise today!!

2 comments:

  1. I love this. People often ask me how I have time with 5 kids to exercise. I have to MAKE the time because it is important to me! And it helps me to be a better mom. At some point your desire to be healthy, thinner, stronger, has to be more important than all your excuses not to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for you feedback ladies! I know I feel soooo much better when I workout and eat right.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...