Sunday, December 9, 2012

Workout To The XTREME!

XTREME is one of the hottest, most popular workouts my club offers. Why is it soooo incredibly AWESOME?!? Well, not only does it "hurt soooo good," it also burns a crazy amount of calories. My client, who shall not be named, burned 840 calories in my class last week! Boohya!! 

XTREME, a metabolic circuit style workout, incorporates plyometrics and strength drills to speed up fat loss and athletic performance. So far, my clients LOVE it! Or...they HATE it...don't think there's much difference when it comes to XTREME! haha! (I'm used to the love/hate relationship in training. Means I'm doing my job:)) You're either IN or OUT. You decide.... The choice is yours. But, if you're going to go for it. Go in ALL THE WAY!!!

Anyhoo, before attempting to do this workout, understand that it is going to be wickedly fun...stress on the "wicked." And remember, fun is relative; but for me? Well, let's just say that when I took Molly's XTREME class last weekend it felt like Christmas morning!! Really. I know.... I'm sick. haha! Still. Keepin' it real.

Here's the "toys" you need:)

Equipment:
- Battlerope
- TRX suspension training strap
- 10 to 15 lb medicine or slam ball
- water
- towel
- open space

Workout:
- Start with a 5 to 10 minute warm-up.
- Perform each exercise in order, 6 times for 30 seconds. After each 30 sec, rest 30 sec. (30/30 rest/recovery).  For exercises 1 and 2, do right side for the first 3 rounds and then switch to the left for last 3 rounds. 
- Sum up: 6 total rounds each exercise. For variety, 2 two rounds each exercise and then 3 to 4 rounds total circuit. 
- Workout duration: 40 to 45 minutes


 1.  TRX curtsy lunges (for advanced add a hop)



2. Power lunges (beginners take out hop and just lunge)



3. Burpees with a push-up (for beginner, take out push-up)


 4. Ball slams (8 lbs to 20lbs depending on level)


5.  Battle Rope Tsunami

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...